Saturday 10 January 2015

Like the Phoenix

Happy new year beautiful people!! May this year be the year that we all come into our own by the grace of God. I have many reasons to be thankful to God, and I want to share one of them in this post.

Even though I am a private person, I just had to put up this story because this is my way of saying thank you to Jesus. I have no better way of appreciating God for my life than telling everyone how good and merciful God is. God is a VERY PRESENT help in times of trouble. I can only wonder how people without Jesus cope when the storms blow...I can only imagine.


On the 29th of December, I was involved in a motor accident with some friends and I am grateful to God that everyone survived. No life was lost and that is the most important fact, because where there is life, there is hope. I cannot describe the accident in detail because I cannot remember what happened, but the narration from other people involved in the accident helped me fill in the blank spaces and the fact that everyone involved came out alive is nothing short of a miracle.

I survived the accident, started healing and recovering fast and kept the positive spirit, I never shed a tear or threw a pity party till I had to see a maxilofacial surgeon nine days after the accident because of a persistent pain in my jaw that refused to heal like the other injuries I sustained. The news I got that day broke me and all I could say was 'why? why God, why?' I didn't even know when tears started pouring out of my eyes, it was like a damn was opened  up and the tears had a will of their own because as much as I was trying to be strong and exercise faith, I just kept on crying. That day, my breaking point came because I felt I was already recovering and gearing up to carry out my plans for the new year but the news I got just took me to a dark, painful place I didn't want to be in. But this God... this ever faithful, ever loving, ever merciful God caught me as I was on the verge of spiraling into the abyss of despair and depression and gave me the strength to face what was to come. I went through a very painful procedure (please don't ever believe this statement... "it will only hurt a little". Na lie!") and as I was in excruciating pain, I could only cry out to God for help!' Then, I heard that voice "I went through physical pain when I was beaten, I know what you are going through and we will get through this together" and after that, I felt calm. The procedure wasn't less painful, but after then, I had this inner strength that I couldn't describe and I went through the process with peace in my heart.

This experience has taught me so much, I have never experienced so much physical pain before and for the first time in my life, I understood what people going through health challenges like cancer, and other painful diseases experience. I realise how much we take for granted and how ungrateful we can be. If you are alive, breathing well and have all your faculties working fine, please take a moment to say thank you to God. Please do it now. Every morning you wake up alive and healthy is another opportunity to say thank you to Jesus for the gift of life. We are alive only by the mercies of God. Forget about your dwindling finances, heartbreak, disappointments, wack-ass job, exam results and just thank God for life and sound health. Fam, we take all these things for granted but the most important things are life are often regarded as minute and insignificant; like the ability to talk, move unaided, eat, poo and even sneeze.

This experience made me realise that God had blessed me with wonderful people in my life. My family is the best family a person can ever have and my mom is an angel. I told only three friends about what happened and before I knew what was happening, my ward was filled up with friends and family members coming to visit me, the nurses at the hospital got tired and started complaining that I had too many visitors. I was discharged from the hospital and friends and family members kept trooping to my house. My phone was ringing non-stop and I had to 'employ' my younger sister at some point to help me answer my calls when I needed to rest. I was and is still over whelmed by the love people showered me with, it feels surreal. I say a big thank you to everyone that called, visited, sent texts and bought me lucozde boost! I am humbled by your love and care. God bless you, God will preserve you and yours, God will raise up men to stand for you when you need them, God will be your present help in times of trouble.

In other news, today is my birthday!! I am full of gratitude to God, words can't even express how I feel. People, words can't. I am still recovering and getting better daily by the grace of God, there is still a little discomfort here and there but I know that even though I walk through the dreaded valley, God is with me, his rod and staff comforts me, we dance in the flames together and like the Phoenix, I am obtaining new life by arising from the ashes of the furnace stronger and better.

I remember this post... funny how the stories we cook up in our head become our reality at some point. I have so many things to write about but I'll stop here and continue in another post.  

Love you all,
Have a 2015 filled with Gods mercy and grace
xoxo.


"The Lord is my Shepherd...though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, he is with me"
Psa 23.



No comments: