Tuesday 28 April 2015

The place called Rest

I would like to describe rest as a place, a house. A big white house with chandelier, large rooms and gold candle sticks. A house surrounded with flowers, trees and lush green grasses with a flowing river that glimmers as a result sun rays.
Alternatively, I can describe rest as a lighthouse, in the middle of the deep blue ocean, as high as can be with a window at the top and a yellow light shinning
through, beckoning to sailors far away, informing them of a safe harbour close by.
I can also describe rest as an Oasis in the desert, that travellers worn and weary can come to, drink from and get refreshed for the journey ahead.
I am trying to paint scenarios and pictures in my head about how best to describe this place called rest, but words fail me because some experiences cannot be put into words.


I found that place called rest.

It was like every other day, nothing special, nothing planned just a plain ol' Sunday. I got into church, joined the worship session and I was transported to that place called rest. When I got there, I met someone, he opened the door and welcomed me in. One look at him and I knew he really cared about me and decided that I was going to tell him about everything that bothered me, all the things that made me sad. So, I took a seat and opened my mouth to speak but no words came out, I just groaned, and kept groaning till my groans became sobs and my sobs graduated to full grown wailing. I just couldn't speak, the words were fully formed in my heart but were lodged somewhere in my throat, and I just cried. But this man of the white house just kept staring at me, and let me cry. I cried my eyes out and then some.
When I was done crying, I couldn't remember the words I had planned to say earlier on, the torrent of tears had washed them away I guess.
The man of the white house looked and me and simply said, "come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest"
Funny, I didn't even know I was "heavy laden" until he said that to me and I felt light. Happy. Peaceful. The first time in a very long, time.
I visited a place called rest and my life changed forever.



I found rest in the place of worship,
I found peace in the place of rest,
I found peace in Jesus.





Matt:11vs28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.




Love and Light,

xoxo.



No comments: