Monday 23 November 2015

Thanksgiving.

It's thanksgiving week. Yay!
If you come at me with the "Nigerians don't celebrate thanksgiving" line, I will...nvm.



This picture is so unrelated to this post, but oh well...



I will worship you,
Even when the darkness comes,
Even if the moon and stars stop shinning,
Even when my world is crashing down.

I will tell of your greatness,
Even when my body is racked with pain 
And I feel life seeping from my bones,
Even when my lips are sealed with grief
And I can't lift my fingers to write.

I will praise you,
Even when I can't see the light at the end of this tunnel,
Even when fear and despair have become my companions,
Even when the stench of death has engulfed me.

I will exalt you
Because you are good and kind,
And you are faithful
Because your greatness transcends what you can do for me.

Because you are too big for errors,
You are intentional in everything you do,
You are everything
And everything is you.

Who can question you?
Who on earth is like you?
Nobody can love like you,
Thank you for being who you are.



Because this is what thanksgiving is really about, thanking God even when we don't understand anything around us.
This is for you Chino.
And for everyone that has lost a loved one in the attacks that has besieged the WORLD in recent times, may Jesus flood your hearts with peace and strengthen you on the inside. Amen.


Who among the gods is like you, LORD? Who is like you-- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?
Exodus 15:11 (NIV) 





Love and light.
Ilo.




3 comments:

Kiah said...

AT least one Nigerian who celebrates Thanksgiving...YAY!

Ilo Unuigbe said...

Lol. Thank you Kiah. I think EVERYONE should celebrate thanksgiving because God is a faithful God.

C. Voice said...

God be praised. God bless u Ilo for dis piece. There s no temptation dat has overtaken us which d Lord has not made a way of escape. Indeed he is a faithful God and we will continually praise his name and shame d devil.

God bless u my friend