Saturday 9 January 2016

Like the phoenix II

Hello everyone!
Happy new year!!! It’s not too late to say that is it?
I haven’t put up any post since November and in a weirdly funny way, I miss you guys.

So…let’s get to the business of the day!
There is something about me and sequels, maybe it is my desire to always look for happy endings in every story or the fact that I believe that all things work together for good for the children of God. Whichever it is, I have come with another sequel.
Remember the girl from last year? The girl that wrote about being a phoenix rising from the ashes and all that. I met her recently and boy did she rise from the ashes!
I had a long conversation with her and she looked so different, I could barely recognise her. Last year, she was a skinny, scraggly, bird with parts of her feathers yanked off by debris of the shattered building she had nested in. The fire that eventually engulfed the house had destroyed everything she had and everything she had depended on. All she could think about was “Where will I start from?”
I could tell that she was wounded but it wasn’t only as a result of the accident. I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that the pain and hurt ran deep. Deep into her soul. And I could also tell that she was scared.
Fast forward to a year later and I could barely recognise her! She was so different from the Phoenix of last year. I asked how she was doing and she said “Baba God don pick my call o”.
Okay she didn’t say that, I just used that for effect.
She told me about how difficult it was to move on and how painful her healing process was. “It was a long and arduous process” she said, “but the pain was worth it. I learned a lot about myself, I learned how to forgive and let go.”
We couldn’t talk for long because she was restless to fly. I could however sense a bit of hesitation and fear because she needed to fly to places that she had never been to before, unfamiliar territory but I think her excitement overshadowed her fear and I am curious to know where she eventually nests. I watched her fly away and all I could whisper was “fly baby, fly!”

Fly baby, fly!



There you go!
A happy ending, I choose to believe it’s more of a beautiful beginning of another book. Speaking of beginnings, it’s my birthday in a few hours!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and I don’t know why. I think this is the first time I am this excited about a birthday and I have decided that this weekend is gonna be Lit even though I have been indoors and I plan to be all day (EL OH EL).
God bless you all for your support and encouragement. The positive feedback I get from people about this platform is what keeps me going. I initially started this blog on a whim and I have wanted to shut it down at different times, but your words of encouragement and feedback about how this blog has been a blessing to you is what keeps me going. I plan to make a few changes here and I hope you all will love it. Thank you for stopping by and yeah… I'd love to hear from you if you’d like to talk about stuff; your walk with God or anything in general.

“Rom 8: 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and to them who are called according to his purpose”

Love and light,
Xoxo.


No comments: