Wednesday 9 April 2014

Life lately

Hello everyone,

How has life been? My own answer in one word, would be 'hectic'

I can't even understand why growing up seemed to be so much fun to us as kids, being an adult isn't all its made out to be, and paying your own bills and being responsible for yourself isn't fun at all.

We all get to that point where we get soo busy with life and neglect the things that are needful, and making time out for family, friends and other seemingly mundane things seem to be a chore because all that matters is the paper chase. And I'm not even exonerating myself. God help us all
 
I used to be the stop-and-smell-the-roses kind of girl. But now..stop and smell what? When I'm




always in a hurry to get somewhere or do something, always in a dash not to be late, getting lost in Lagos frequently, thanks to my 'amazing' sense of direction. So, what am I stopping to smell again? Roses? Algae nko? I don't even think I am that girl anymore and I cannot tell if this is a good or a bad thing. I'm beginning to lose interest in a lot of things and getting interested in new set of things. I do not even understand if this is a phase that will usher me to another phase of my life, or if I'll go back to my Pollyanna view  of life once I'm done with this phase, this i cannot tell.

 
I was stuck in traffic the other day and I remembered a song that made quite an impression on me last year. 'Jesus at the centre' by Israel Houghton, and I said, 'Jesus, I can't see or feel you at the centre of anything again o, everything is such a blur right now'. But as I write this post, I am reminded of the gift of friends that have stayed over the years, of family, of provision, of good health, of love (hint, hint), of a sound mind...and all I can say is amidst the challenges and ups and downs, Jesus has been, is and will always be at the centre of it all.




Colossians 1vs17 "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together"

 





Love you guys

Keep rolling




xoxo

No comments: